“In the absence of a great dream pettiness prevails. Shared visions foster risk taking, courage and innovation.”Peter Senge
Our School Vision
At Lakenham Primary School we aim to develop confident, enthusiastic and motivated learners who are, forward thinking, articulate and talented.
We want members of our community to:
- Be inspired to dream.
- Try their best in all that they do.
- Be responsible citizens of today and the future.
We aim to provide an environment which is:
- Happy and
- Thought provoking
Where the individual needs of members of our community are met and valued.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Involving parents, carers and the wider community
- Providing the highest quality learning, teaching and support
- Creating a culture where co-operation and team work is valued and appreciated
- Celebrating good work, and the small steps and positive achievements that every member of our community makes on their learning journey
- Making learning fun and exciting
Our Aims for Teaching and Learning
We want all members of our community to:
- Become independent, responsible and critical learners.
- Develop the knowledge, skills and concepts needed to achieve academically, and socially.
- Develop qualities of mind, spirit, feeling and imagination.
- Foster self-esteem and personal responsibility.
- Be aware of their roles as future citizens.
- Develop positive values and standards by which to live and respect each other.
We want Lakenham children to have:
- The ability to communicate effectively
- The ability to reflect,
- Respect for themselves and each other,
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team, group, pair
- High aspirations,
- Positive attitudes,
- A love of learning,
- High rates of success