Personal, Social, Health Education - including RHE & Assemblies
PSHE will enable students to feel positive about who they are and to enjoy healthy, safe, responsible and fulfilled lives. Through active learning opportunities pupils will learn to recognise and manage risk, take increasing responsibility for themselves, their choices and behaviours and make positive contributions to their families, schools and communities.
Students will learn to recognise, develop and communicate their qualities, skills and attitudes. They build knowledge, confidence and self-esteem and make the most of their abilities. Students will learn to identify and articulate feelings and emotions, learn to manage new or difficult situations positively and form and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of people.
Relationships and Health Education (including Sex Education) is handled in a sensitive but factual manner. The content of discussion obviously depends upon the age group of the children, and takes place within a context where the children have the confidence to ask about any aspect of adult life. Children’s questions are dealt with in an honest, sensitive and open manner.
Our aim therefore for PSHE is to provide pupils with:
- accurate and relevant knowledge
- opportunities to turn that knowledge into personal understanding
- opportunities to explore, clarify and if necessary challenge, their own and others’ values, attitudes, beliefs, rights and responsibilities
- The skills and strategies they need in order to live healthy, safe, fulfilling, responsible and balanced lives.
At Lakenham we know that learning and undertaking activities in PSHE education contribute to achievement of the curriculum aims for all young people to become:
- successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
- confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
- responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society.
Please click the buttons below to see what each year group has been up to in PSHE.