The intent of our Art curriculum is to deliver a curriculum which is accessible to all and that will maximise the outcomes for every child so that they are able to:
- Discover Art as a form of self-expression.
- Become more skilled in all areas of art, craft and design as they progress through each year group.
- Create their own art work, exploring ideas and recording experiences.
- Understand Art as a distinct subject (to ensure rigorous teaching of skills) as well as having many cross curricular links.
- Understand how Art has shaped our history and culture.
- Become familiar with the work of several historically famous and present day artists from a variety of backgrounds to reflect the diversity of our school.
- Be able to analyse and evaluate the work of artists and realise its wider impact on the world.
Progression of Skills in Art
Please click the buttons below to see what each year group has been up to in art.