The COVID-19 pandemic was not what we expected for 2020 and we hope you have had all the help and support you have needed. Please contact us if there is anything you would like to know about or help with.
Feedback - thank you to the parents who have completed questionnaires.
- Our school home learning page has all the information you need.
- All children have been using Google Classroom.
- Take a look at newsletters during this time to see the great home learning.
- Learning packs available from school office
- 20 children had computers from the DfE fund, they arrived the last week in June.
- 1 March 2020 - Food Vouchers
- 15 March 2020 - Update for parents
- 20 March 2020 - School building closure
- April 2020 - Lakenham reopening and bereavement support plan
- Pastoral Newsletter Term 3.1
- 18 May 2020 - Returning to school
- 2 June 2020 - Letter returning of children
- 10 July 2020 - September reopening
- Pastoral newsletter Term 3.2
- Food hampers for Financial Free school Meal entitled families
- Enhanced with donations organised by Councillor Brenda Jones, which have arrived weekly
- Donations from members of the public have helped with purchasing equipment e.g. dominoes, paints, games
- Grant for breakfast food - included in hampers which could be also used for cooking activities at home
- 1/3 were delivered by a volunteer weekly - a massive thanks for this
- School topped up hampers with other equipment needed for families
- Summer holidays - Unite Union is supporting the school with food hampers for families who are not entitled to Financial Free school Meals, but might have been Furloughed, recently been made redundant or have had hardship during COVID. Available - 11.30 - 1.30 Monday in the school carpark. No evidence required, just turn up and they are there to help.
Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic community
- Risk assessments to support BAME staff
- Conference attended to understand impact of COVID-19 on the BAME community and what else school can do
- Recovery curriculum - BLM & BAME impact during COVID included
- Updated school curriculum to reflect school multicultural community
Plans & Risk Assessment
- Maintaining learning plan (or closure plan) March 2020
- Risk Assessment July 2020
- Risk Assessment - Lower School
- Risk Assessment - Upper School
- The inclusion team have been visiting up to 70 families per week. Knocking on the door and stepping back. This has enabled them to support children and families.
- Work packs delivered or made for pupils who not able to access online.
- Regular phone calls from staff and inclusion team
- Support from outside agencies accessed where necessary.
- Informal information and support is also on School Facebook page - Lakenham Primary School
- Parental Support Advisor - 1/2 termly newsletter for wellbeing and support for families
- Teachers visited some homes of children who were not attending school
- Questionnaires for families and children to ascertain emotional support required. Children and families received bespoke support
Step-Up September - Recovery Curriculum
- Recovery Plan