The COVID-19 pandemic was not what we expected for 2020 and we hope you have had all the help and support you have needed. Please contact us if there is anything you would like to know about or help with.
Feedback - thank you to the parents who have completed the regular questionnaires during the pandemic.
- Our school home learning page has all the information you need.
- All children have been using Google Classroom.
- Take a look at newsletters from March 2020 to see the great home learning.
- Learning packs available from school office
- 87 children had computers that were supplied by the Department of Education. They arrived the last week in June, November and January.
- 10 children had computers that were purchased after a large monetary gift was given to the school.
- Remote learning policy - read this policy if your child's bubble has closed or when the school is in a National LOCKDOWN.
- September 21 - Recovery Curriculum and Plan
- March 21 - Whole School return to school RESTORE Curriculum
- 1 March 2020 - Food Vouchers
- 15 March 2020 - Update for parents
- 20 March 2020 - School building closure
- April 2020 - Lakenham reopening and bereavement support plan
- Pastoral Newsletter Term 3.1
- 18 May 2020 - Returning to school
- 2 June 2020 - Letter returning of children
- 10 July 2020 - September reopening
- Pastoral newsletter Term 3.2
- Pastoral Newsletter Term 1.1 2020/2021
- 31 December 2020 - Letter re 4th January opening
- 7 January 2020 - Letter Remote Learning
- 8 March 2021 - Nurturing families
- 17 September 2021 - New COVID guidance changes
- Food hampers for Financial Free school Meal entitled families - term 3 2019/2020
- Hampers were enhanced with donations organised by Councillor Brenda Jones, which arrived weekly
- Donations from members of the public have helped with purchasing equipment e.g. dominoes, paints, games
- Grant for breakfast food - included in hampers which could be also used for cooking activities at home
- 1/3 were delivered by a volunteer weekly - a massive thanks for this
- School topped up hampers with other equipment needed for families
- Summer holidays - Unite Union is supporting the school with food hampers for families who are not entitled to Financial Free school Meals, but might have been Furloughed, recently been made redundant or have had hardship during COVID. Available - 11.30 - 1.30 Monday in the school carpark. No evidence required, just turn up and they are there to help.
- Term 1 2020/2021 - Unite Union supporting school with food hampers for families in term 1.1
- Soul Church - November 2020 onwards - Weekly food hampers for 9 families
- November 2020 - Thank you to the families of Lakenham, we have been able to establish a onsite Lakenham Larder (Food Bank but can't call it a Food Bank). This is run by the PSA's, you if you need any help. Regularly on Friday's and always before holidays, items are available for anyone to take. If you would like to donate to the Larder, drop items into the school office.
- Nationwide Building Society - is helping to provide a Christmas dinner for those in most need in our school. They have continued to support throughout the school year with donations to the Lakenham Larder. Thanks so much for their support!
- daily hot dinners, PSA's available with extras daily. Is self isolating, food hampers available - pickup or delivered to all families if needed.
- Hint and tips - Cheap Lockdown Lunches for Kids | Change4Life (www.nhs.uk)
- Lakenham Larder available on site for families who are struggling - just ask PSA's and they can help!
- Food hampers delivered by Amazon through Magic Breakfast
- Lakenham Larder remains on site for families who are struggling - just ask PSA's and they can help with food, cleaning products or things mum might need. They are also available for a chat and advice if needed.
Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic community
- Risk assessments to support BAME staff
- Conference attended to understand impact of COVID-19 on the BAME community and what else school can do
- Recovery curriculum - BLM & BAME impact during COVID included
- Updated school curriculum to reflect school multicultural community
Plans & Risk Assessment
- Maintaining learning plan (or closure plan) March 2020
- Risk Assessment July 2020
- Risk Assessment November 2020
- Risk Assessment - Lower School
- Risk Assessment - Upper School
- Risk Assessment - Music Service November 2020
- Risk Assessment January 2021
- Risk Assessment March 2021
- Risk Assessment May 2021
- Risk Assessment September 2021
- Risk Assessment November 2021
- The inclusion team visited up to 70 families per week during LOCKDOWNs. Knocking on the door and stepping back. This has enabled them to support children and families.
- Work packs delivered or made for pupils who not able to access online.
- Regular phone calls from staff and inclusion team
- Support from outside agencies accessed where necessary.
- Informal information and support is also on School Facebook page - Lakenham Primary School
- Parental Support Advisor - 1/2 termly newsletter for wellbeing and support for families
- Teachers visited some homes of children who were not attending school
- Questionnaires for families and children to ascertain emotional support required. Children and families received bespoke support
- November 2020 - employed two further PSAs to ensure the increased number of families who during COVID need support