At Lakenham Primary and Nursery School we teach a curriculum that is exciting, fun and imaginative. Walk through any of our classrooms and you can expect to find children engaged in thinking, questioning and learning.
We promote personal and social development, encouraging the children to cooperate, know their own self-worth and show consideration and understanding towards others. Through active learning children are encouraged to develop the skills they need to move forward confidently to the next stage of their learning.
Through our curriculum we aim to:
- Create life-long learners
- Create exciting, stimulated, motivated and independent thinkers
- Develop the skills and talents of all members of our school community
- Provide opportunities for pupils to learn from each other
- Build self-esteem and a sense of self-worth to become successful adults
- Build a strong sense of social responsibility
- Build a secure understanding of a range of basic skills to act as building blocks for future learning
Click on each year group for information