The School recognises the link between equality and quality and will not unfairly discriminate in the recruitment or general treatment of staff or students on the basis of any factor which is not relevant to academic achievement.
The School is committed to promoting and developing equality of opportunity in all its functions and will seek to do this by:
- communicating its commitment to equality and diversity to all members of the Lakenham Primary School community;
- communicating where responsibility lies for equality issues;
- providing training for decision-makers and briefings for staff and students;
- maintaining mechanisms for implementation, monitoring, evaluation and review;
- treating acts of discrimination as a disciplinary offence;
- consulting with trade unions, interested groups and individuals, internal and external.
- Improving attainment and rates of progress by closing the achievement gap for different groups
- Ensuring the provision for children’s development of Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural aspects of their learning
- Children gain an understanding of the similarities and perceived differences between people within and outside our local community.
- Training teachers how to respond to any children who are not showing Christian values through how they respond to each other eg responding in conversations in ways that could be construed as homophobic or not showing equality
Children learn about the Rights and Responsibilities they have through Collective Worship and specific days such as United Nations and Commonwealth Day.